Employee Placement Method
Does your organization struggle with the problem of properly fitting people to jobs? Here is a handy hint for ensuring success in job placement.
Take the prospective employees you are trying to place and put them in a room with only a table and two chairs. Leave them alone for two hours, without any instruction. At the end of that time, go back and see what they are doing.
- If they have taken the table apart in that time, put them in Engineering.
- If they are counting the butts in the ashtray, assign them to Finance.
- If they are screaming and waving their arms, send them off to Manufacturing.
- If they are talking to the chairs, Personnel is a good spot for them.
- If they are writing up the experience, send them to Tech Pubs.
- If they don’t even look up when you enter the room, assign them to Security.
- If they try to tell you it’s not as bad as it looks, send them to Marketing.
- If they’ve left early, put them in Sales.
- And if they’re all bullying each other, they’re Management material.